Intellectual Property Claim Reporting Information and Guidelines
SAGE respects the rights of all intellectual property holders. In this regard, SAGE has adopted and implemented this policy that provides for a procedure to address allegedly-infringing material appearing in connection with SAGE services and/or websites.
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon and you would like SAGE to take action to remove allegedly infringing material from our services, you must provide a written claim to the SAGE Legal Department. Your claim must include all of the following:
- Identification of the work(s) or intellectual property right(s) claimed to have been infringed (for registered intellectual property such as patents or registered trademarks, you must include the registration number(s));
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing that the complaining party is requesting to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (e.g., a URL, SAGE Product Code, or the like);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that “the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Please note that claims that are insufficient (i.e., do not include all of the required elements identified above) will not be processed. Please ensure that your claim includes all of the required information and statements.
- Submit your claim by one of these three methods:
- Online by clicking here.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to:
Attn: Legal Department
16301 Quorum Drive, Suite 200A
Addison, TX 75001
- Please note that, with respect to alleged infringement of copyrightable works, the foregoing address designates SAGE’s Copyright Agent with regards to the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512.
- After receiving an infringement claim, we will:
- Notify the company or individual that provided the allegedly-infringing material to us;
- Expeditiously remove the material pending further action (see below)
- In response to our notification, the party that provided such material to us may file a counter-notice if they choose. Counter-notices must include:
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the responding party;
- A statement that the responding party has “a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law”;
- A statement consenting to the jurisdiction of the responding party’s local US Federal District Court or, if outside of the United States, to the US Federal District Court in Dallas, Texas; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the responding party.
- Please note that a response that does not include all of the above requirements will not be considered a valid counter-notice.
- If a proper counter-notice is received:
- We will provide a copy to the complaining party; and
- We will request a completed indemnification agreement from the party providing the material if they choose to continue having the material in question included on our websites and/or database.
- Once the indemnification agreement is received, the material will be re-published in our services.
- If a lawsuit is filed by the complaining party which names the responding party, or if the material/products in question become subject to any judicial or regulatory order preventing the importation, manufacturing, sale, or offering for sale of the responding party’s material or products, we will remove the material and/or product(s) from our services.
- Upon final resolution of any lawsuit or other regulatory action, either party may request we will reevaluate the inclusion of the material and/or product(s) in our services. In such a case, we will follow the final order of the court or regulatory body.
Please Note: Although this policy is used as a guideline for allegations of intellectual property infringement, we expressly reserve the right to handle a particular claim of infringement in any manner that we deem most appropriate given the particular circumstances at issue. Furthermore, all information contained within any SAGE service is subject to removal at any time for any reason or for no reason. We are not obligated to post or include anyone’s data, information or material in our services.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the SAGE Legal Department at email@example.com.
Last updated April 23, 2019.