From white, sandy beaches, to the highest peak on the mountain, the world is awaiting travel promo. The travel industry is packed full of niche places to introduce promotional products. From places to stay to things to do, there are so many opportunities for branding. Inspire your client’s next campaign with promo products designed for travel.
The Big Boom in Travel
The pandemic brought us indoors, as well as the longing to travel again. Now more than ever, Americans are spending more on travel and experiences to make up for lost time during the pandemic.
According to the U.S. Travel Association, 2023 is forecasted to bring in $270 billion for business and $880 billion for leisure travel spending in the U.S.
In this blog, you will discover the niche areas for promo products in the travel industry. From places to stay to exciting excursions, the travel world is awaiting your client’s promo!
Travel Industry Statistic
Here’s where travelers say they want to go on their next vacation:
Market Snapshot- Destination Vacation
Let’s also take a look at why people travel in the first place.
Why do Market Snapshot: Reasons for Travel
The Millennial Generation is also known as the Experiential Generation
You might think that is an ominous outlook for the promo industry, but to the contrary, these travelers also want keepsakes and items to remind them of their travels, adventures, and experiences.
Travelers also love to share the good, bad, and ugly of their experiences. Whether it is on social, Trip Advisor, or Yelp, promo helps to reinforce the brands they experienced while traveling so they can remember them as they provide recommendations to others.
Working from home also plays a large role in many travel decisions, due to flexible work schedules and PTO allowances.
Market Snapshot: The New WFH
- 34% of travelers have worked from domestic or international accommodations, such as a hotel or resort, during the pandemic.
- 28% of travelers worked four to six days away from home.
- 23% worked six to 10 days away from home.
- 59% say remote work will be a consideration in their future travel plans. Source: Flywire
Places to Stay
When you arrive at a destination, your first stop is your new home away from home. A place to stay! Unique destinations often have niche accommodations, which makes for great places for promo.
Bed and Breakfasts
A bed and breakfast offers a more traditional side of accommodations. Usually, family owned and operated, this type of lodging has an overnight stay accompanied by breakfast. Bed and breakfasts are private homes and typically have four to eleven rooms.
What type of promo can be found at a bed and breakfast?
- Water bottles
If there is a tourist attraction nearby, tie in memorable promo products!
Airbnb started out as a way to help people connect with their communities and make friends. Source:Airbnb
Airbnb offers unique stays for billions of guests around the world. From houses surrounded by nature to those in a concrete jungle, Airbnb allows visitors to rent a place to stay in virtually any city of their choosing.
Since Airbnb is both a mobile and web-based platform, guests are able to book their full vacation with a few easy steps.
Guests can not only book a place to stay, but Airbnb offers one-of-a-kind experiences as well. Airbnb Experiences are run by Hosts in exclusive cities, offering guests an adventure.
A huge reason why people vacation, is to have fun things to do! The Hosts that provide these experiences would benefit from promotional products to better their brand and provide their clients with a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Here are examples of the best promotional items for actual Dallas activities hosted by Airbnb.
Promotional products always have a way of capturing a memory of an exciting day. Let your client’s promo speak for itself and add some branding, personalized for each experience.
Adventure is Calling
Recreational Equipment Inc., (REI), is an outdoor recreational retailer based out of Kent, Washington. Often known for its camping and hiking gear, REI also offers unique classes and day trips all around the country.
From camping and hiking to Snowsports, REI offers a wide range of outdoor activities for an explorer. These trips are owned and operated by REI experts, to ensure a fun, and safe day ahead.
One of their featured activities is the Rocky Mountain National Park Glacier Gorge-ous Day Hike.
This hike involves a vigorous hike accompanied by stunning views of a glacier-fed lake. For this trip, these promotional items would be handy.
- A first-aid kit. If you’re hiking up the mountains, it’s good to be prepared for anything. For excursions like this, giving each explorer their own first aid kit is not only handy for the day ahead but could be kept as a memento from their trip.
- A water bottle. It’s important to stay hydrated on a hike. Why not provide hikers with a branded water bottle? Perfect for water on the go.
- A carabiner. Clip this accessory to your bag or keep it for a future climb. This promo product is small and can be branded, perfect for any outdoor adventure event.
Locations that provide tours and excursions, such as whitewater rafting in Colorado or cave exploring in Antelope Canyon, are always in need of promo. These places are often found in brochures in hotels or by word of mouth. Another way that they can get their brand out there is by the use of promotional gear.
From postcards to memorable hats, adding an excursion’s company logo can get the word out there.
Relaxation and Rejuvenation
After a long day of activities, one of the best ways to enjoy a much-needed vacation is to relax. Spas provide a refreshing experience and are a great opportunity for promotional items.
Here’s a list of well-known spas in the U.S., as well as excellent promotional products to inspire your clients.
- Roosevelt Baths and Spa- This spa opened in 1935 as a part of President Roosevelt’s act to preserve the Saratoga mineral springs area. Source: Fodors Spa-goers can bathe in minerals and enjoy a step back in time. A tranquil candle that captures the smell of the mineral springs would make a wonderful promo product.
- Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort- This rustic retreat features hot stone massages and custom facials in the Tucson foothills of Arizona. A lip balm and eye mask would be a perfect gift to await each guest upon arrival.
- Rosario Resort & Spa- The full-service spa at Rosario Resort & Spa offers body wraps and facials off the coast of Washington State. A personalized beach towel would be perfect after swimming in their historic adults-only indoor pool.
Smaller and more historic spas offer more than just a rejuvenating experience, but also a breathtaking historical look into the past. Promotional products are a great way for spas to get spotted on the map and be treasured for years to come.
The travel industry is full of fun experiences and amazing destinations, the ideal place for promotional products. The travel experience is not just about getting from point A to point B, but about the journey and memories made. Here’s to travel promo!